What the hell is wrong with people? Really, is this necessary?: Brothers shot at while riding. Like it isn't sketchy enough out there with cell phone texting, make-up applying, tv watching, and ultra distracted drivers. Drivers who don't share the road or wait until it's safe and clear to pass. Drivers who think it's funny to run us off the road. I wonder if Pearl makes my wind vest in a Kevlar version?The truckster is rumored to be repaired by tonight. Gonna be a $1500+ job. Yeah, now you see why I still ride the Surly. The temporary replacement frame that has become the main dream machine. Web-dow shopping dreams of upgrading to custom steel always get pushed back by life's little surprises. Not too worry though. The Surly is doing it's thing (not breaking) and bringing a smile on my face every time I see it. Still rides like a dream and gets the job done.
I've been lucky this week, only 2 rain storms. Tuesday night's was a fierce gusting wind with torrential rain. On the sketchiest part of my ride a guy in a huge 4x4 Dodge truck pulled out in the middle of the road behind me, cut on his brights, and held traffic up for the 30 seconds it took for me to get clear of the dangerous section. He then pulled up along side and offered me a ride. I thanked him but declined as I was already wet and only 2 miles from home. Nice of him to keep the cars at bay until I was safely out of harms way though. The Yin to above's Yang. This morning was just a warm drizzle. I ran a few errands including a stop at the bank. Regions Bank. As I rolled into the teller lane I got funny looks from inside. I asked if it was because my bike wasn't green (their ads here feature people riding green cruiser bikes), they didn't get the humor. It's ok though, I did.Update: Damn. Truck isn't going to be ready. Not really pissed it isn't ready, but pissed the service station didn't bother to call and inform me of the delay. When I talked to them Wednesday morning I told them I needed it for Friday. They said they couldn't imagine me not having it back by Thursday. A phone call alerting me to the delay would have been nice. (whine over).

No comments:
Post a Comment