J5's Daily Grind

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rack Attack

My transformation to commuter dorkdom is almost complete. I got the last remaining bit of my birthday gift from H. last night. Check out my rack fellas. Yep, while those ever trendy, hip, urban kids out there are going fixie on the roads, in the woods, and around in circles over planks, I've got me a back saving holder for my heavy plank of a laptop. Might even come in as a handy cheese and cracker tray / salami cutting board during TransIowa. The titanium ss commuter has a new supa-blinky tail light, new grundge guard front fender (which came in super handy during last weeks rain), dorky reflecto tires, oh yeah, I'm pimp baby. All I need now is to get me a remote control for this bad boy and I'll be set. Though I think I'd rather have a weather center attached to mine vs a remote control, it's cooler to be able to control the weather than just a bike, right June Bug?

Update: I see Surly updated their site with the new colors. I'm really diggin' the 01x01. If I had that I'd carry my compound bow with some dynamite arrows sportin' some Daisy Dukes. Yeee-haw!



No comments: