J5's Daily Grind

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow Day (What is this Iowa?)

More snow. This is the most days of snow I've experienced in my 11 years in TN. Sure we've had more snow, but usually just for an overnight or two. One time we had a Friday through Monday with a decent amount of snow, but this has been the most days it has snowed. Nothing catastrophic or even life changing, just good ol' fashioned Winter. I love it, as do the wupples. Showed up to work this morning to an empty parking lot and only 2 co-workers. The "collar" (aka boss-man) brought in donuts and Ghirardelli cocoa powder and a gallon of milk to make hot cocoa for a snow day celebration. He'd woken up early and taken his daughter sledding and was feeling in the spirit.

Cleaned the sand and clay off of the Ocoee last night. Scrubbed my chain and put the first coating of Ernesto Lube on. It's not near as messy as I was expecting (based off of other soy lubes, remember that mess of your's T.roy?) and is a bit thicker and very tenacious, which I think helps. The gritty sounding chain silenced quickly upon application and spins freely. It'll get the first road test tomorrow, first to work, then to the Percy Park meeting, then hopefully either around the park or to a pub, then home. I can't wait to run it through the soupy sand/clay roads and creek crossings to see how it holds up. Hopefully I have scraped the last of waxy residues off my cogs, I like T-9's performance just hate the waxy build up.




No comments: