For the last 5 months I've been able to sleep without noise. It's been fantastic. My brain had stopped spinning and stressing while my body tried to do the "recovery" thing. The last few nights have been restless, unable to turn off my brain. Typically I have music on all hours of the day, it runs to drone out the noise and to keep my mood in check. I'd started leaving it on while I slept as a means to give my mind something to focus on and hopefully quiet the chatter. Music does wonders to recenter. The music came back on last night. Not a completely restful sleep but better. Ironically, my last two commutes have been in silence. I'd left my shuffle on my desk at work yesterday. Instead I rode home to the glows of the setting sun and in soaking up the warming morning sunshine. My mind raced as my legs spun out my low gearing. Advocacy issues and past histories rearing their ugly heads have my mind on overdrive. People keep towing along this huge weight of past history that needs to be cut loose to allow forward progress. Egos and closed minds keep shutting doors before we can even get to the stoop to knock. I'll not forget my music tonight.
(photo credit: OldGreg from last Thursdays Brewery ride)

No comments:
Post a Comment