J5's Daily Grind

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Momentary Pause for Reflection

Unbelievably I still have news to share from the past weekend, but it's going to have to wait. I would like to take a moment for silent reflectivity upon the short life and times of the Meatplow. Reading Dicky this morning my heart sank. I know the feeling of cracked Titanium of a beloved bike all too well. Here's hoping for a short hospital stay for the 'plow and a speedy recovery. I've grown to expect a titanium bike to crack (luckily they can be fixed @ $800 a tube!!!) but X-mater still has me freaked out with his snapped Surly. Those things are supposed to be the cockroaches of the bike world, you know the last things standing when it all comes to an end.

A photo for Dicky (my condolences):



Yesterday my phone decided to send me a text notification of a new photo sent to me. There were 4, all from October of last year!!! Instant messaging my arse! Anyway I found this on there. This is me on my way to taking overall in CX4/SS and first in SS (why they don't run us with the CX3's I don't understand) in last years Nashcross where my parents got to finally see me race. Apparently this clip is of me imitating Babe Ruth racing cross. Enjoy.





No comments: