
More of the Po Garden Sunflowers popped open yesterday with several more soon to pop. Kinda ironic that the day several sunflowers decided to open was the same day we had a big thunderous storm full of torrential rains. The ones here are between 5'10" and 6'5" tall. They are huge. Several more 4-5 footers soon to follow suit and bask in the sun. I can't wait.


Got out for a ride today after tuning up my poor neglected bike (it's maintenance is on my check list, just haven't gotten there yet). I didn't have it so I just kind of putzed around. Feels like something isn't right, but nothing is wrong. I don't feel sick but I don't feel right either. Quad pain, nausea, and fatigue. Perhaps it is the Hanta.
Speaking of fatigue. Six in the Sticks is happening out in Tulsa, OK on July 26th. I really wanted to get out there for it, but it's just not in the cards this year as a family trip is on the calendar. ORAMM and the Drama Queen ride are also happening that day, so don't act like there's nothing to do, get out and play.

I did the Doubleshot Du in '06 (yes I got 3rd Neumeyer) out at Turkey Mountain and absolutely loved it. The trail is like Hamilton Creek if Hamilton Creek were on something we might name "something mountain" (think Percy Warner Hills with Hamilton Creek's rocks). I highly recommend making the trip out there. Get in early so you can swing by Doubleshot Coffee Co. for an Americana and a muffin, then ride your bike down the river trail to Turkey Mountain for a few laps, then cruise the bike back into town and have a brew or two at SoundPony Bike bar, you never know when an indoor crit might break out.

No comments:
Post a Comment