J5's Daily Grind

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Build Up


I promised H. that I would build her a coup out of the leftover fat tire fest stunts to jump the day after the unload the trailer party. She not only got one built for her, but we managed to construct 2 others and I built her a table top. Ironically, a narrow stunt/jump for a horse is also referred to as a skinny. Apparently narrow makes it spookier for the horse, just as it does for the cyclist.

Double duty: the top will become part of a mega skinny for riding.

stealthy...

Next on the to do list are a corner and snake wall for the girls. Elevated skinnies, a table top jump, and a launch ramp for the bikes to play on whilst the horses go over them. Perhaps not at the same time, but you never know.


The vertical slats were particularly frightening to the Gov.

As expected, H. wasted no time testing out the finish products. She and the Gov'na cleared them all as fast as we could lay them out. Hannah and Aurora played too.

The zoomed photo doesn't do the jump height or slope justice.


A short trip has been planned for this weekend. In anticipation and preparation for said trip, I started to gather and do laundry. The Misfit Psycles jersey is getting washed for it's rural Illinois debut (who needs a week in Colorado living like mooching aged rock stars when you can have a weekend grinding gravel in Illinois with a 35x15 geared Rigor?), which is when I noticed the collar:

Peter's just here to help.

Speaking of jerseys. Word is that Moots has been resupplied with their current crop of cycling gear. Guess I'll have to put in my order for a replacement to my team jersey, eh Reedledeedledeedle?





No comments: