
This morning the first sunflower of the Poey planting opened to bask in the morning sun. This one is about 5'10" as the tip is level with the top of my head. The one to the left of it is another 8" or so taller. We should have several more blooms popping out the next few days. Exciting.

The slumlords left us for a few days and the Schemer left us with chores to do. Medicate the dog, doctor the horse, pick up feed, mow the lawn, you know everything she wanted done but didn't want to do. ( :-) ) I got the new acres finished up and was working on clearing a path for the mower to the new field when I decided to run the fence line of the front field to check it out. A couple hours later, the front field is nicely mowed and ready for some jumps. The field is really nice although very bumpy (and chock full of bunnies). I think I concussed some vertebrae. I don't know how Joe can mow so much. I swear my rigid mtb rides smoother.

I also got the fence line cleared around the back field to prevent the high weeds and grass from shorting it out. It also makes a nice 1/3 of a mile loop with some wicked steeps for a little off road riding. I experimented with using another Awesome Strap to hold my mega-ly massive Park wonder tool to see if it would wiggle loose, fall off, or get in the way. It rode perfectly attached. No moving, no noise, no noticing it. It even has several chain links and tire levers with it. No need for the fanny pack of doom.

I got a 10 mile workout within an hour then right to a 2 mile run. Although it's not nearly as humid as it was a week ago, the temps started their climb back up the mercury and I must have sweated 6lbs off by the time I was done. Thankfully I ate about that much in watermelon for lunch, it was so damn good!


Corn, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and cucumbers all fresh from the farmmune garden. Chicken from the freezer, although after Food, Inc. we might have to grow our own. And maybe a cow named T-bone too.
Should be a fireworks filled stage tomorrow in the tour. First day in the mountains and 4 of the top 5 are Astana riders. Interesting to see how it all plays out and which card Astana decides to play. Squash, zucchini, tomato omelets on the menu for the tour viewing. You in 8ball?






No comments:
Post a Comment