Canadians, such a touchy bunch. Just because they spend half a loonie on you they think we owe them the world, or at least a 1/5 of Newfie screech. For instance, take the following comment rendered from none other than 3rd famous Canuckian and The Original Big Ring, Craig Barlowinski:
Yes it is true the OBRinski sent me an unsolicited piece of paper type objects with his own Canadianian dime which I received shortly before Boxing Day in a non box receptacle. Pssh.
Ah, we heart you too Craigers!
I was going to hold onto it for an extra special Canardian lovefest Valentine's Day post where I poured out my heart for the love and affection the great Barlowinski has shown me via paper envelope over the years, but apparently he can't be patient for the return of affection. He's one of those who sends an email then gets mad when you don't respond immediately. I think Craigers is a bit techno-reh-tarded. He must confuse email with chat and US Mail with us males. But I digress.
How can one stay mad at a Canuckian who rides bikes and loves your dumb ass? Thanks for the totally custom, one of a kind decal Mr. Barlowinski. It shall reside uponest thine throne forever remindething me of my secret Canardian lover (Kim Kanadia - hubba hubba).
Jebus seems to love Moots too.
Now, back to current affairs. My new saddle made it in today just in time for tomorrow's planned gravel/snow outing. I'm hoping to get a good long ride in testing the new setup I have going on the Moots. Aside from the new parts, I've adjusted my fit and haven't had a chance to do any long distance riding on the new setup. It's been great in the woods, but it's time to see how it'll fair for more Kanza-esque (esque for you Dicky) saddle time.
I'm also trying a little wider saddle - a whopping 8mm wider. Egads! Bike room testing has found it noticeably comfortable, but that was only 3 laps around the pool table in jeans. Tomorrow should be a better test. A lighter saddle and lighter seatpost feels like it's shaved another pound off the bike which works out well since I think I've added another pound to my mid-section this week. Balance.
The bike is geared and ready for gravel/snow exploration. I've publicly thanked and berated Barlowinski, and made Kim blush from hundreds of miles away. My job here is done. Off to shovel/chisel out the drive so H. & H. can make it in and out of the driveway safely.








5 comments:
Oh I do love the sticker, ca I have one huh? please, pretty please
Golly! I had no idea I was no longer dead to you!
Craig won't send me a sticker because I refused to "follow" him. And I'm probably not bloggy enough.
Kim Kanadia: You'll always be my little maple leaf, dead to me or not.
Looks like I have some creative mailing work to do.
Ouchie . . . such scathing and hurtful teasing, and after me sending you a sticker. *sniff*
Kimberly, want a sticker? Shoot me an e-mail.
I polished off a bottle of screech a while back that my wife brought me. Apparently some wild Canadians "Screeched her in" while she was in New Found Land over the summer. I forgave her and have since moved on. I rarely think about her kissing that smelly cod anymore.
Post a Comment