A nagging knee and cold temps found me off the bike. Still needing to get some outdoor play time in, I bundled up and headed out back with the pups. The recent snow was still on the ground. The white blanket helping give some contrast to the drab brown highlighting potential lines for new singletrack sections to be added in the woods. Taking advantage of the snow, I spent a few hours out back flagging lines, raking, trimming, and playing with the pups.
The old trail outlined by snow.
The whole trail was snow free, kinda weird.
Raking out a new section of trail.
We walked the back acreage back and forth, up and down, looking for the best lines for both horse and bike. Deer have tread in a nice path across the middle of the hill with natural grade reversals that should help with trail drainage. The old trail holds up so well to water, I've been working hard to design the new sections to be just as waterproof. Luckily the grade of the hillside and the soil type are in my corner.
JD helping to scout out a new line up.
With the East side trail system mostly flagged and planned out, I swapped focus to the West side of the lake. I'd not even hiked any of it before today. It's a steeper hillside than the other, but it offers some cool rocks and ledges for a wicked downhill run and Pisgah-esque climb. One thing is for certain, JD isn't any help with benching or raking. I'll have to recruit some local muscle to help me finish up the trails.
Paxton and Crow.
JD
Dead Moley.









No comments:
Post a Comment