J5's Daily Grind

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bag of Worms

The commuter waiting while the sun rises

Another week of work down. After 10 months, I must say it is an adjustment getting back into the flow of things and adjusting to schedules. One downside that is slowly beginning to get rectified has been no lunch break, which makes for a long day and a cranky me. This week the scheduling allowed for a few moments for me to sneak outside for 10 minutes and enjoy some vitamin D.

I found a nice shade tree to lounge under and watch the world go by. Being an avid people watcher I'm never at a loss for subjects in the courtyard. In fact, lil' P made a brief appearance though apparently short on time, as he didn't bother to stop and insult me and my lack of riding. I thought perhaps it was just the Canardia sized mountain of a hill he was working too hard to get up.

"Hey, Lil' P! Why the hurry?"

But apparently he's just pissed off new Misfit wrangler Craig "Donut" Barlow by ebaying his fancy skinsuit. Unfortunately I had to get back inside and didn't get to witness the beatdown.

The shirt says Police

Other things that bite:

Starting a new job you typically have to wait 90 days before you can take advantage of such benefits as vacation days and that's where I've found myself. I'd mentioned plans for SSWC when going through the job offer/acceptance faze and I was promised an attempt to finagle the system. Sign up for a few weekends of work and I can bag a day off. Sweet!


Well, not so sweet. I got the weekends of work, but not the day off. So no SSWC for me nor any kind of time in Colorado this year, which along with missing out on the greatest racing event in the world, pretty much caps off the suckfest of life events kicked off since May for me. And it was extra special getting a call from Tifosi winning celeb Sir Dick rubbing it all in last night. At least he promised to bring me back a crummy t-shirt.

No where to go now but up (Canardia is up) now. Cross season is about to kick off here in middle tn and there's a new 8 hour race Dave "Bling Bling" Holmes is putting on out at Panther Creek in October, so I'll have some opportunities to get competitive, but for the lack of mountain time I'm looking forward to some short weekend jaunts to the real mountains.



No comments: