Having to work both days of the weekend, I was su-prised with getting cut loose a few hours early on Friday. Straight home to pick up the H. and the pups and off to spend some time romping in the river. JD is getting bigger by the day and is turning into a solid swimmer. Dish absolutely enjoyed getting out and swimming, all the while chasing rocks and barking. Then it was home where I took a nap on the couch with the pups. Naps are a rarity for me as they normally make me feel worse or like I wasted time, but I was in sleep deprivation from the past week's schedule and I awoke feeling like a million ducks. Then H. su-prised me with dinner at Papa Chens, my favorite local $9.99 all you can eat sushi bar (there's tons of other food there too, but I go for the sushi and ice cream with macaroons).
Up early Saturday to try to squeeze as much day in before work as possible before running to town for some errands. I have been wanting to pick up a Niterider MiNewt mini plus for commuting due to it's faster recharge time and ability to charge from a usb port on a computer. Since I have $390.91 burning a whole in my pocket and a few hours free, I was finally able to get out and make such a purchase. So H. and I headed over to REI to pick it up. While there H. asked about some panniers hanging on the wall, I mentioned a bag that went with the rack she got me a birthday or two ago. REI ended up having one in stock and it had fold out panniers. Sweet, note that as a gift idea for x-mas, nope, H. picked it up for me. In fact, she got my light, the bag, a saddle lock, and 3 tubes for me. Stocking me up with one ultimately uber pimp commuter rig.
Due to a helmet left in the car snafu, I hung around after work and waited while H. made her way in to start her night shift. She brought the new bag along with the rack I'd left at the house and I quickly swapped the gear out of my messenger bag and into the new rack pack. Tubes, tools, pump, and phone live in the Epic Designs frame bag. Allowing me to enjoy the ride home without any weight on my shoulders or back. Awesome.

Before I headed out, H. and I enjoyed a brief dinner outside in the courtyard. Seems we're always heading out as the other is heading in, but at least we were able to corral some time together and make it feel as though we had a weekend despite all the working.
The commute home at 7pm on a Saturday night was actually quite relaxed and I knocked 15 minutes off the ride time. The new light kicks major arse with a solid bright beam of light and having the rack pack kept the aches at bay climbing back up to the top of the ridge. I see why Hennessey is such a fan of the panniers over a messenger pack.
Looking forward to the ride in and home tomorrow! Thanks H.!




No comments:
Post a Comment