
At 5:15am this morning it was 73 degrees outside. As I rode in to work, it felt as if it were getting colder even as the Sun peaked out behind the hills. Sitting outside for second breakfast and coffee with H, whom had just gotten off of work, it was a marvelous 69 degrees outside. The thermometer now reads 67 degrees outside currently. Over night low is predicted to be 47 degrees. Who'd have thunk that the high for the day would have been when I rolled out of bed? Maybe I should have brought more clothing?
The wind was blowing the trees so loudly when I got up that I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't rain that I was hearing. Skies still dark and full of stars when I rolled out for work made the wind seem less some how, though the 15 minutes knocked off of my ride time on the way in makes me wonder of the headwind potential on the way home.
Behold some images of the morning ride thanks to an easily accessible cell phone. I just remembered I need to charge my light for the ride home tonight, which means back into the lab I go. Enjoy the grainy low res.
One of my favorite stretches of the commute, the winding edge where the Highland Rim meets the Nashville basin. Just a few miles of respite before the climbing starts in either direction.
The rural landscape turns industrial after crossing Trinity Lane. This quiet road runs along the Cumberland underneath the interstate through trucking lots and into downtown. 


No comments:
Post a Comment