
The parking situation at work is crazy, I had to hunt for a spot passing several fully stocked racks. If only this scenario were more common place perhaps Nashville would have better alternative transportation options. But for now I'll just be pleased to see that my bike is still there when I come out from work.

I got to ride in to the Tap Room after work last night for a "I got a paycheck last week" celebration. I shared a table with an older gentleman named Al who was full of interesting and funny stories dating back to 1912 in Nashville while I waited for the group to arrive. He was going to have to cook dinner and eat by himself (wife has passed on) so I invited him to join us for dinner, but when one of his sons showed up, he respectfully declined and left our slowly growing group.
By the time he was leaving, I was surrounded by 3 loverly ladies at the table and he stopped by to tell me that my numbers were improving and perhaps he should rethink the dinner invitation. Gotta love old people. He's an OG beer and bike guy, dating all the way back to the end of the Korean War.
Oh, and no Petre, the blog doesn't die, it remains regularly irregular, just as my work schedule is shaping up to be. Besides, I lose a lot of home computer time supplying (shilling) parts to unsuspecting Fixie Frank and Hipster Harry's on campus to feed the next generation Empiricals. Can't have them growing old living off the land like Dick.

No comments:
Post a Comment