J5's Daily Grind

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Never Tasted So Real

Payment* Received for performing some derailleur tune-ups. The Ol Roy of lite swill beer?

I can't get over this weather. We went from a crappy week to really really crappy week to an amazing (dare I say Awesome?) week in the weather department. Last nights ride home was one of the best rides I've had in a while, even with the monster headwind. Call it Kanza training.

I took the carpool in this morning, towing my bike for another perfect weather evening ride home. Parking the car on the 11th floor of the parking monster, I stopped at the window overlook to gaze at the Sun rising over the landscape. There, perched on the glass roughly 110 feet up in the air is a 3" long, bright green grass hopper. I can only wonder if he was just taking in the same view or trying to figure out how the hell he ended up in his current predicament and how he was going to get out of it.

Billy The Great has probably the coolest blog photo ever up on his electronic crack-out (I heard a Wrigley vender use that on NPR today Billy).

* I also received a McSorley's Black Lager too. Perfect for the fall weather. Oh and Joe, did you know it's owned by Pabst? "In early 1990's Stroh Brewery purchased the McSorley's brand and brewed it until being bought by those seminal suds-makers-Pabst Brewing Company." Also makers of the fine Schlitz beer (orig 1960 formula).





No comments: