Met krs-1 for a 30/30 ride in Clarksville: 30 miles @ 30 degrees. It was a nice change of pace riding roads that didn't lead to a steep hill at every turn like they do around home. A lot of it reminded me of Illinois (including the headwind), if only there were gravel roads gridded out over the land. We looped up into Kentucky then back to TN. Not enough dogs for my liking, but there were a few that ran and barked. Most excitement was a bus driving in excess of 70 mph flying up the twisty back road near us and skidding to a stop at a T intersection and almost ramming an oncoming car. A school bus. The yellow kind that usually carries kids and doesn't normally have seat belts. Obviously a graduate of the Parnelli Jones school of driving, pretty commonplace on TN roads.

Stopping to relieve myself of some used water, I stood in a snow covered field, which quickly iced onto my cleat and prevented me from being able to clip back in to my pedal for several miles. Eventually we stopped at a church parking lot that had some gravel so I could chip away at the block of ice on the bottom of the cleat so I could clip in. Nothing like a few one legged drills in the cold.

NYPD (New York Pizza Depot) pizza and some Wii golf rounded out the evening. I've never played a Wii before, let alone golf anything. The first 9 I was crushing it with several under par or par holes and 2 hole in 1's (one being a triple eagle). krs-1 took command of the back 9 as I quickly faded and had several out of bound shots leading to pathetic 9 shot holes. Obviously I'm not an endurance golfer. I'll stick to the short game. I think I threw my shoulder out and injured my wrist slinging that stupid controller around. I've also got one hell of a slice. I bet the game is much more fun played in kilts, drinking a 1/5th of whisky, and listening to bag pipes through the highlands (as it's meant to be played).



No comments:
Post a Comment