J5's Daily Grind

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lights At The End Of The SSH Tunnel


I've had a few marathon sessions coding in the cave since returning from mountain biking Sunday. Weds brought about a chance to get out and do some SORBA work, but freezing ice and snow put the kibosh on the early meeting. A water filled barn hallway greeted me twice. Once by 5 am text message from Hannah and her colorful 4 letter word, second while trudging through ankle deep mud in the hall to turn out the horses. Luckily, it wasn't the massive water pipe break first expected. I blame the mole hole burrowed through the barn for transporting socks via UPS gopher to the sleeveless sneezing friction shifter. Maybe he should have loosened the sock strings for mountie delivery?

Despite of the 3 days lack of riding and lack of entertaining posts, I've been a busy beaver, er bandicoot ( aka pig-rat, not to be confused with the bilby. beavers aren't marsupials)


I've begun the multi-day Cooperization of the Ocoee and I'm about to head out to meet krs-1 for a mind and leg stretcher up in the flat wonders of Clarksvegas. Forecast was for sunny and 40, we're sitting right at 30.7 with solid gray skies. Perfect.





No comments: