J5's Daily Grind

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Renaissance Man in Training

So synchronicity, irony, and luck reared their heads at me again over the weekend and the past few days. I happened to be at the right place at the right time with the right app running (one I'd not launched in close to 4 years). That led to some rapid prototyping and an online web meeting. Out of the rapid development was the beginnings of a new niche app. A meeting, a day later, was met with a list of Metro agencies interested in purchasing the app, one Agency who has purchased it, and a deadline. Looks like I'll have something to occupy my time through February.

Irony came in when I went in for a pre-arranged interview today. They told me about their needs and their current apps. As we talked, I realized they might be interested in the new direction I'm exploring. They are. We'll see where it goes, but suffice to say you may be seeing some of my stuff in a social networking application near you. If you're extra special lucky, you might get to see it in a CAD(dispatch) or RMS .

Good luck came in with being able to focus energy and time on both these opportunities with a healthy work/life balance. Bad luck as the truck starter(?) going out and having to be towed to get fixed (nothing diesel is cheap). Humility lessons and reminders that life can kick you just as soon as it picks you up. Luckily I bounce pretty well (it's what Tiggers do best) though I must admit to being a little slow to get back up sometimes.

Funny where a conversation can take you.

Phases of my day:

The anti-tie guy in a tie

The man in black, heading out for a ride

Muckman ready to clean stalls




No comments: