
Being prone to sinus issues and just recovering from a bout of congestion, I decided to not ride the past 2 days and instead get some hill climbing/hiking done with the pup. It would also help resolve some boredom. The addition of insulated bibs and mud boots gave me some resistance training. H. was able to join us on our hike today, which we followed up with an equine trail ride since the valley in the back sheltered us from the cold, blustery wind allowing the sun to bake us in it's warmth. It almost felt like a warm spring day back in the valley. Cresting the hill though, was a rude reminder of it being mid winter still. A few single digit nights with highs in the teens are forecast for the next few days.

Two water falls were discovered during our hike. The one pictured above I'd not seen before on previous hikes.



This is the "lake" that they (as in "them") marketed the parcel of land as having "lake front" property. Really not much more than a glorified pond. Dish and the horses didn't seem to mind as they all had fun splashing around in it today.
I unplugged the W.I.M.P.Tech electronic coach module from the bike and carried it with me on the hike. Apparently, it was able to determine the wattage from the rubber heel of my mud boots and compare that with the terrain, mph, heart rate, and exertion levels achieved from hiking, lunging, and hill running. Below is today's beta. I still marvel at the W.I.M.P.Tech's intricate graphing abilities.


No comments:
Post a Comment