J5's Daily Grind

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Testing the Kerkovian Method

Not having the finances (nor attention span) for any SRM/Powertap/heartrate reading/wattage determining gizmos, Coach Lil' P was kind enough to hook me up with one of the new top secret and still in R&D phase Misfit Psycles Workout Improvement Measuring Psyclometer, or W.I.M.P. Tech as it is more commonly referred.

The balmy 34 degrees and somberly gray cloudy day here North of Nashvegas seemed apropos for giving W.I.M.P. Tech a go. I suited up in my woolly goodness and headed off, forgoing my iPod and water bottle. Such distractions just lead to weakness anyway. Finding solace and solitude in the North Nashie hills, the W.I.M.P. Tech electronic coach kept me in the precise zones to maximize my mediocrity. No wasted effort here. No more wondering if I'm doing enough to properly hurt my chances of attaining any sort of improvement. The basis of the W.I.M.P. Tech design is to help one become even more mediocre in a more efficient manner. Check the numbers (or "beta") if you don't believe me. Graphs don't lie, though this one may need to spend a little more time in calibration class.





No comments: